Biennial Awards of the European X-ray Spectrometry Association (EXSA) for Young X-ray Spectrometrists
- Every applicant for the Award must be 35 years or younger. Two awards will be attributed, one award for the PhD thesis (PhD obtained in the last two years) and one Postdoc award for the other young scientists.
- The major conditions are that the candidate has achieved internationally recognizable results either in the academic domain or in the field of innovation, and that consequently the main publications should be preferably in major European languages.
- The winner will be obliged to participate at the EXRS conference.
- The period for the submissions of the applications ends on February 28 in years of EXRS conferences.
- The application of the candidate has to reach office by e-mail to ysa2018(at)exsa.hu.
- The application is limited to 3 pages for the curriculum and the description of the own contributions.
- Please see the full invitation for applications for EXSA's young scientist awards.
- A special committee has been nominated for the selection by the ExCom; it will receive all documents.
- The Award will be handed over by the EXSA president during the EXRS conference.
|2006||Ina Reiche, Paris, France|
|2008||Giancarlo Pepponi, Trento, Italy|
|2010||Eva Marguí, Barcelona, Spain (PostDoc Award)|
| ||Matthias Müller, Berlin, Germany (PhD Award)|
|2012||Marta Manso, Lisbon, Portugal (PhD Award)|
|2014||Beatrix Pollakowski, Berlin, Germany (PostDoc Award)|
| ||Matthias Alfeld, Hamburg, Germany (PhD Award)|
|2016||Dimosthenis Sokaras, Stanford, CA, USA (PostDoc Award)|
The EXSA award on outstanding achievement in X-ray Spectrometry
until 2014 EXSA bestowed an award on outstanding career in X-ray Spectrometry
- publication & research record in XRS
- teaching & organisational record in XRS
- presence at EXRS conferences & EXSA events
- achievement in improving XRS methods and/or their application
1st step: nomination committee (consisting of scientists in XRS)
- 2018: committee members:
- Matjaž Kavčič, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ana Pejović-Milić, Toronto, Canada
- José Paulo Santos, Lisbon, Portugal
- László Vincze, Ghent, Belgium
- Alex von Bohlen, Dortmund, Germany
- Charalampos Zarkadas, Almelo, The Netherlands
- proposes 3 to 4 candidates for the award
2nd step: decision committee (consisting of scientists from adjacent fields)
- 2018: committee members:
- Ewa Bulska, Warsaw, Poland
- Terrence Jach, Gaithersburg, U.S.A.
- Peter Petrik, Budapest, Hungary
- Monika Plass, Zurich, Switzerland
- Maria Luisa Polignano, Italy
- decides on one of the nominated candidates
until 2014 outstanding carreer award
|2006|| Horst Ebel, Vienna, Austria |
|2008|| Peter Wobrauschek, Vienna, Austria |
|2010|| René Van Grieken , Antwerp, Belgium |
|2012|| Roberto Cesareo, Sassari, Italy |
|2014|| Alex von Bohlen, Dortmund, Germany |
|2016|| Koen Janssens, Antwerp, Belgium |